“Managed services” is the catchphrase of the day as many new businesses in New York City are learning. It refers to comprehensive IT services from business networking and maintenance to cybersecurity and data backup. But are managed IT services really that important, or is it just another marketing buzzword?
The truth is, managed services in New York are getting more important every day. Companies and organizations here are realizing that as technology gets more advanced, their ability to keep all their IT services in-house is diminishing. Not only that, the rise of cyber threats means that many do not have adequate cybersecurity measures in place – and have no clue what “adequate cybersecurity” even entails.
That’s why many organizations in New York are turning to managed services. Managed Services Providers (MSPs) can take care of day-to-day IT operations including monitoring systems, providing IT maintenance, planning IT upgrades and expansions, and even providing tech support for employees. They also implement cybersecurity measures to ensure your systems are protected against current and new cyber threats. Many MSPs offer fixed-rate packages so that organizations can manage costs as well.
The real advantage of managed services in New York is that organizations can feel like they have their own internal IT department without the added costs that normally go along with it. Their IT “partners” will provide full consultancy and technical services, and depending on needs even have a designated IT technician onsite. Even though this technician works closely with your employees, the MSP takes care of all the HR details including payroll, training and certification upgrades, and other associated costs so that the client organization doesn’t have to worry. It’s like getting all the perks of an in-house IT department with none of the drawbacks.
There are other great reasons why managed services in New York are so crucial for business:
- Supports and adds to business performance – With heightened competition and shrinking budgets, business efficiency is more important than ever. Outsourcing such an important area of your non-core business to a third party will actually increase the technical expertise of your team while reducing costs.
- Ensures continuous maintenance – One of the best ways to fix an IT problem is to avoid it happening in the first place. MSPs provide continuous monitoring and ongoing maintenance, reducing the risk of network slowdowns/stoppages, data loss, and other disasters.
- Provides proactive & emergency services - Managed services provide the best of both worlds: proactive services to maintain your systems and 24/7 emergency services should catastrophe strike. (Make sure that the MSP you sign on with offers 24/7 services – not all of them do.)
- Helps with tactical IT planning - Managed services in New York encourage organizations to think one year, two years, and more down the road. MSPs will consult with clients on what technology and software/hardware they need to meet their business goals and budget. MSPs provide a comprehensive approach to tactical IT planning to balance current needs, future needs, costs, cybersecurity, and other factors for a solution customized to their operational realities.
- Offers complete IT management - Managed services give businesses the benefit of complete IT management with a custom-tailored package so that they don’t need to worry about their IT systems at all. Their MSP can even develop a fixed-cost plan that best fits their IT needs AND budget.
CompCiti Business Solutions is one of the most trusted and experienced managed services providers in New York. Since 1996, CompCiti’s skilled technicians have provided local businesses, non-profit organizations, and governmental agencies with professional IT support and outstanding customer service (CompCiti maintains a Google 5-Star Rating).
CompCiti’s managed services in New York will ensure your systems are maintained, protected from cyber threats, and running at peak efficiency. If a problem ever arises, CompCiti has you covered with 24/7 emergency service to help get your systems up and running again faster.
Contact CompCiti Business Solutions at (212) 594-4374 for a free consultation and find out how we can help with managed services in New York. For more information about our service stay social with us Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter and Youtube.